Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

Listening to: The Violet Hour by Sea Wolf

B and I had our follow-up with the doctor yesterday and there are three options she's recommending.  The first option is a monitoring cycle of Letrozole and TIC with a cd21 blood draw to see if it worked.  The second option is a straight cycle of Letrozole and an IUI.  The third option was a sequential cycle of Letrozole and FSH injections with an IUI.  Obviously, the options range from very conservative to fairly aggressive and the possibility of multiples really becomes a factor in the third option (20% chance).

It was a lot to think about but  B is out of town for the week and we needed to make a decision soon since I'm already on cd18.  The doctor doesn't think that I will respond well to the Letrozole alone since I didn't respond to Clomid and she feels that the third option gives us the most "bang for our buck".  So....we're going for option three and are keeping our fingers crossed that we fall into the 80% chance of a single birth.

Now, I've got to call and schedule myself for an injections class and wait for AF to show up.  Once she does, life is gonna get kinda busy for a while but then the two week wait will begin and I'll go mad.  Sitting here now, looking at the protocol list...I'm excited and scared and hopeful that this works.  The only negative side to this whole thing is that we're probably going to be missing out on Thanksgiving because of the IUI but it's a small price to pay if this works!

UPDATE: I've scheduled my injections class for Thursday at 1:30.  Having given myself allergy shots for two years in the past, I don't think this is going to be too difficult.  I just hate that I have to go by myself but it can't be helped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as well...

I am sorry that you are alone again this week, and about Thanksgiving. But it is just one year, and if it means that next year you will have one, or two, extra at the table, it is definitely worth it!! Yea!!