Wednesday, June 17, 2009

26 Days Later

I've been really trying to work hard at this whole "healthy eating" way of life. Since starting this process, I've actually only been on the wagon for 26 days (traveling really got in the way). So far I've lost 13.4 pounds....yep, 13.4! I'm still kind of in shock that I've lost that much so soon but I will tell you, it keeps me motivated to stick with it.

Yesterday was really hard though. My body is going through this hormonal issue right now and I have started my period (22 days after the last one started, mind you!). I don't know what it was about yesterday but I was STARVING all day long! I really tried to stick to my diet, and I did fine with breakfast and lunch but I knew I couldn't stick to it for dinner. Yesterday was also the first day in over a week that I haven't done my hour on the treadmill. I just had no energy!

So, last night...I fell off the wagon and went to Cook-Out and had a hamburger, onion rings, and a sweet tea. On our way home, I also ate a Kit-Kat bar....remember, I'm hormonal!!!!! I didn't beat myself up about it though. Today is a different day and I really haven't had the hunger issue today like I did yesterday. In fact, I'll probably be on the treadmill in a couple of hours.

I like this new me and I love that my clothes are getting looser. Do I think my improved diet and exercise program may be playing a part in my hormone issues? Sure, anything is possible at this point! I feel good and actually look forward to getting on the scales in the morning! All in all, not a bad start!

No comments: