Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TrueBlood: All Flavor No Bite

I've been watching the new series on HBO ever since the first show aired. Immediately after seeing that premiere episode, I went out to Borders and purchased the first 2 Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.

Let me first just say that my ability to read and comprehend is a little different than most people's ability. When I say that I can read a book rather quickly...I ain't lying....I mean quickly. It's not that I'm skipping over things in the books either! You could give me a quiz on the material later and I would pass with flying colors. How fast am I talking about here? Well, the final Harry Potter book arrived on a Friday evening and I was completely done with it by Saturday evening. I even slept 8 hours....and ate.....and watched a little TV. It drives B insane because I'm the best customer for Barnes and Noble or Borders. We got me a library card because it would cost to dang much to keep buying new books. Ok, now on with my entry....

I read the first 2 books in a day and....B doesn't know this because I was still reading on them 4 days later. What he doesn't know is that I was reading them for the third time. Immediately, I was hooked and went out to Amazon to buy the next three books but they took forever to arrive. Luckily, I still had the tv show to keep me entertained during this wait! The books arrived and were quickly devoured in 2 days...hey, I do have other work to do! I picked up the last three and Barnes and Noble at the end of the week and finished them over the weekend.

So, I've read all 8 books...several times a piece. I've read them in order many times and now I'm reading them in reverse order. I'm obsessed! The next book comes out in May and that seems like forever!

So, back to the show. The books and the show are very similar except with some changes with Tara and Lafayette. Jason is a little different too. Having seen the episodes before reading the book, I picture "book Bill" and "book Eric" and "book Jason" just as they appear in the show...I don't care what the book description says!

I love, love, love this show and these books and am super excited that HBO picked it up for a second season!

The only problem is me trying to figure out if I am more in love with Bill or with Eric....but luckily, I found a picture with both of them so I can just sit and stare at it!



Damn!

In case I get bored, I've also got the individual pictures too.

Bill


Eric

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you see in those guys...